810 ALAS PARAGUAYAS
+595 981 273 096 // email@example.com
http://berith.moe // https://www.linkedin.com/in/diegobdiaz/
DIEGO ALEJANDRO DIAZ MATOUSEK
My usual toolchain consists of VSCode and git in Linux.
WEMADE, Remote — Programmer
July 2019 → PRESENT
- Helped develop and test a collection of serverless Go functions, called context-engine, to analyze and cleanup client spreadsheets and CSVs. This service provided our clients with cleaner and more insightful data about their target demographics.
OCM, Remote — Programmer
July 2019 → PRESENT
- Worked in a remote agile team developing a user CRM management system. Our work consisted in improving the user experience when handling and tracking client information and requests. For the frontend (NextJS, React, Apollo) we worked on creating a complete and mobile-first experience for users, focusing on simplicity. On the backend we worked with Gorm and GraphQL which made it easy and quick to expand on what the frontend needed
- Helped migrate data from legacy systems to stop using hard to interact with systems like ektron and siebel
EKUMEN, Remote — Programmer
October 2017 → August 2019
- Worked with a robotics company with their simulations team to improve their testing solution developing gazebo plugins with c++, restructuring the project, preparing the simulation workspace on docker, and helping them jumpstart their jenkins workflow on AWS.
- Developed a react chatbot and firebase cloud function that aimed to humanize and simplify queries made to different police stations providing accurate and fast responses, stored in firestore, for the citizens in non emergency situations.
- Worked for a cloud-based robot management startup that aimed to simplify the infrastructure work to operate a robot company and organize the data from the robots. Migrated the straight html site to a jekyll template which helped us focus on the content instead of the html, on a token based signup process which helped control who got to use the product first, on a aws s3 upload solution which to upload robot replays and touched just a bit of mqtt for the transport and a bit of kinesis to manage robot logging.
- Worked with a robotics company to enable non-technical people to deploy a full stack on kubernetes. Development work included containerization and orchestration of web applications using Python and bash. We streamlined the process by setting up microservices to provide the needed configurations and used Jenkins to select the appropriate ones.
CBA S.A., Paraguay — Programmer
JANUARY 2016 → October 2017
- Integral part of the team that developed new software for a legacy CRM system
- Contributed to architecture design
- Frontend and backend development work
- Some of the technologies used Django, Python, AngularJS, PostgreSQL
- Designed and developed a CRM facebook chatbot on nodeJS that interacts with an accounting-oriented ERP
- Full-stack development and deployment of several microservices to be consumed by other CRMs
- Minio/S3 microservice to store and organize data.
- USD/PYG exchange rate provider.
- Truck scale reader for a land port
Universidad Catolica, Paraguay — System analyst
January 2012 → July 2015, Coursework only
Universidad Catolica, Paraguay — Computer engineer
January 2010 → December 2011, Coursework only
Supporter and user of OSS and OSH.
In my free time I participate regularly in Game Jams, cook, play the bass, guitar and piano, and run a tiny and affordable 3D printing company with a partner.